The Session consists of Teaching Elders (our pastors) and Ruling Elders drawn from our membership. The Book of Order calls upon the Session to provide for worship and encourage people to fully and regularly participate in worship. Members of the Session are elected for three year terms, typically with five new members added each year. We also elect a youth member for a one year term. We have regularly scheduled meetings on the fourth Monday of each month. Meetings are moderated by the Clerk of the Session.
The responsibilities of the Session include evangelism, mission and justice, worship, education, stewardship, finance, transformation, administration, relations with higher governing bodies (e.g., the Presbytery), and ecumenical relationships in the community.
Current Session Members are listed below:
- CLASS OF 2021: Rich Barbour, Ross Bogue, Claudia Gerrard, Jodie Harmsen, Gil Semmen, Dawson Helminiak–YE
- CLASS OF 2022: David Nelson, Michael Smith, Bill Springer, Aron Van Cleave
- CLASS OF 2023: Gary Carder, Debra Johnson, Jill Minner, Chris Raaths
The Session is organized into committees:
- Finance & Stewardship: Michael Smith, Rich Barbour
- Worship: Chris Raaths, Claudia Gerrard, Bill Springer
- Children’s Christian Ed: Aron Van Cleave, Debra Johnson
- Youth Ministry: Ross Bogue, Jodie Harmsen, Dawson Helminiak, Debra Johnson
- Congregational Life & Membership: Gil Semmen, Gary Carder
- Communications & Outreach: David Nelson, Gary Carder
- Mission: Ross Bogue, Rich Barbour, Dawson Helminiak
- Personnel: Rich Barbour, Bill Springer
- Adult Education: Claudia Gerrard, Jill Minner
The next meeting of the Session will be on August 16.