Presbyterian Church of Barrington Is involved in and supports Barrington and our surrounding communities in so many ways. Please consider joining one of our Ministries and contribute your time and talents.
PCB Mission Projects
Adult Mission Trip
This is all about helping those in need. All ages and skill levels are invited. Please speak with Jim Reid for more information.
Recipient of our fall food drive at Thanksgiving:
- Contributions to their Christmas Bazaar
- Christmas Family to Family Holiday Program
- Food Drives
Major food drives twice a year
Loaves and Fishes – Carpentersville
Recipient of our Spring food drive
Weekly collection of food and household goods
Annual Adult Mission Trips
- Four trips to New Orleans, post Katrina – house remodeling
- Two trips to Cedar Rapids – house remodeling
- Trip to St. Joseph, MO – new house construction
- Annual Youth Mission Trip
Habitat for Humanity – Charter member of Barrington chapter “Joyful Hands”
Feed My Starving Children – Quarterly trips to their facility to package food packets for worldwide distribution. Children and adults.
Crop Walk – Barrington, IL – Raise money for local and national hunger programs
Barrington Giving Day – Participate with the Barrington community to bring clothing, blankets, toys and books to needy families at Christmas time.
Living Waters for the World – International program of supplying water purification facilities to third world countries.
Woodstock Food Kitchen – Once each month, children and adults supplying kitchen and serving help to a neighboring church.
Sunny Hill School – Carpentersville, IL
- Providing snack items for those children who would otherwise go without
- Blessings in a Backpack – volunteer packers
- Blankets for the Homeless – Chicago, IL – Providing new furniture pads and donated blankets to the homeless in Chicago in cooperation with the Night Ministry Program.
Home of the Sparrow – Supporting homeless and abused women and children with donations of kitchen goods and other necessities.
- Chicago Presbytery
- Christopher House
- Samaritan Counseling
- One Great Hour of Sharing
- Habitat for Humanity