Requirements, Dates, and Expectations* (Click here to view this page as a google doc.)
Requirements for Confirmation:
- Attendance at monthly confirmation classes, missing no more than 2
- Completion of make-up assignment for missed classes
- Successful memorization of required items (see below)
- Completion of 8 sermon note sheets (one per month due by email)
- Participation in at least 2 community service events
- Participation with Faith Friend (adult mentor) activities
- Participation in youth mission trip or 12 hours of approved mission/service.
- Completion of personal statement of faith
- Contribution to class statement of faith
- Attendance at a Committee/Deacon meeting TBD
- Attendance at Session meeting prior to Confirmation
- Come to class with an open mind and a desire to learn
- Participate thoughtfully in class discussions
- Listen to your classmates non-judgmentally
- Write a thoughtful statement of faith (guidance will be provided)
- If you miss class, thoughtfully complete the make-up assignment (they are created to help you learn and think, not as busy work)
- Lord’s Prayer
- Apostle’s Creed
- Psalm 23 (Click here for July 31 Service where ALL music was based on Psalm 23)
- John 3:16
Class Dates (monthly classes – Sundays at 6:00pm to 8:00pm)* except for movies or outings
- Sunday, March 6th from 6:00pm – 8:00pm – Orientation & C1 (parents, students, mentors)
- Sunday, March 20th from 6:00pm – 830pm – Karate Kid Movie
- Sunday, April 3rd from 6:00pm – 8:30pm – Chapters 2-3
- Sunday, May 1st from 6:00pm – 800pm -Chapters 4-5
- Sunday, August 7th from 6:00pm – 8:00pm – Chapters 6-8
- Sunday, August 14th from 6:00pm – 8:30pm – Back to the Future Movie
- Sunday, September 4th from 6:00pm – 8:00pm – Chapters 9-11
- NEW DATE: Sunday, October 9nd from 6:00pm – 8:00pm – Chapter 12 All Assignments Due
- Mini Golf – May 15th 6pm – 8:30pm
- Evergreen Cemetery Association – September 18th 6pm – 830pm.
Community Service/Mission Trip Dates:
- Spring Community Service: Feed My Starving Children
- Summer community service event: Fish Food Pantry at
- Summer Mission Trip: Group Mission at Kenosha, WI – July 10 to 15th or TBD.
Confirmation Retreat – TBD.
Confirmation Celebration Sunday
- Meeting with Session: TBD
- Confirmation Celebration Sunday: October 30, 2022
Books Required for Class
- Big God, Big Questions
- Confirmation Big Journal ( Will be provided by the Church)
- Book of Confessions Free- Book of Confessions PDF Download : PC USA Store
- Book of Order Free – Book of Order 2019/2021 Download Download : PC USA Store
- Students will become members of the church and will be able to serve on committees and have opportunities to grow in their faith.
- Students will also be able to stay in touch with their mentors and teachers if they have any questions.
*All information is subject to change